Sell to other fiverr sellers

Fiverr Guy

Administrator
Staff member
One thing that really gets overlooked is selling not to consumers, but to other fiverr sellers.

Think about it.

Everyday fiverr gets more and more people who want to grab a piece of the $4 pie. People want to have their gig stand out, but they have no clue how to go about doing it. Why not offer something that can enhance their sales? Theoretically, that can earn you a steady source of income, because for the foreseeable future there will continue to be more fiverr sellers.

Areas to think about include:
  • Professional pictures
  • Professional introductory videos
  • Fiverr accounting spreadsheets (all the pros know business management is essential)
  • Book covers (for the writing gigs that they sell)
  • Social media marketing (blast out a gig to targeted groups, i.e. blast a writing gig to busy mom bloggers
There are of course more things you can do, but this is just something to think about.

How would you advertise to other fiverr sellers?

That'a great idea. One thing, as we have talked about previously, could be a professional looking video. Everyone says that having a video for your gig will help for it to get noticed, and if you have a video of a hot girl, it could definitely help sales.

That could work say something like, will help you get started on fiverr for $5. I'm sure there are those that are hanging out there waiting for their ship to come in and would like to put a lighthouse up. Wouldn't you have to have some credibility though? No-one would think your going to be much help if you can't show you have attracted sales to self.
I guess you could make a deal with about five people to sell and buy back and forth for about two weeks and get enough reviews and move up a level to stand out.
Still not a bad idea, although the marketing aspect I'd rather stay away from, I never was a good salesman. I was always to honest and unwilling to be pushy and use mind control techniques. I have to believe in what I'm selling.

Fiverr Guy

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldn't you have to have some credibility though? No-one would think your going to be much help if you can't show you have attracted sales to self.
This underscores the importance of making your gig look the best that it can. If you can help with professional videos, make sure your gig has the best looking videos geared towards sellers. Offer extra incentives to get your gig jump-started. Advertise your gig in all of the main markets (forums, blogs, social media, etc). And this has to be done continuously and consistently for you to make an impact.

Once the ball gets rolling, then you will gradually be able to shift your incentives from being included for $5 to being a Gig Extra. That is the goal. People generally understand that it takes time and work to produce these gigs, and as long as your product or service is top-tier, they will pay for it.

That's a good system fiverr guy, for now I'm trying to change the URL description of my gig which is false advertising. Also a video is something I could put together. Then if I spent some time marketing it a bit, this would go a long way. I'm not interested in getting too busy at first, but a few clients that ordered at least 10 a month would be nice.

Is there buyers who get writings from fiverr, or any content site, and then post it on constant content or places like this. The rights would be theirs, and they could possibly get $20 for something they paid $5 for, right? Does this happen in your experience?

Is there buyers who get writings from fiverr, or any content site, and then post it on constant content or places like this. The rights would be theirs, and they could possibly get $20 for something they paid $5 for, right? Does this happen in your experience?
Constant Content is incredibly strict when it comes to what they accept. Their editors are very picky, I remember signing up a few years ago and becoming frustrated because you need absolutely perfect grammar, etc.

A few years back I was on Digital Point looking for a writing gig and came across this lady who was looking to get some work done and wrote her articles for five bucks a piece. She paid me for one, but I had to keep hounding her for payment on another one, and was about to give up, until I came across the exact artcle that I had written for her on eHow. I sent her an email with the link to the article saying something like "Oh hey, I found my article!" and she paid me the five bucks within hours. I found out later that she was getting fifteen bucks for the article.

Ah, this is disturbing huh Hank, I was thinking some people would do this. I think that's whats going on with some of these people who are asking for way too much at these content sites. I just skip over them. If their instructions are longer than the piece they want then it's not a good sign.
I figured some people are doing this, I guess until I figure out how to make more money of my articles I have to take the chance. Writing for blogs though opinion pieces just seems wrong to me if I don't get credit and they change it.
Hank, have you ever heard of Article Document, what do you think of them?

I've never heard of any of the ones that Hank has mentioned, but thank you Hank because I'll definitely stay clear of them! I've never heard of 'Article Document' either, so now I'm curious about that one, too! In essence, I just stay clear of the ones that expect too much for next to no pay. I guess that I would rather be a poor, struggling writer hoping to make my mark someday than to just practically give my writing away!

I've never heard of any of the ones that Hank has mentioned, but thank you Hank because I'll definitely stay clear of them! I've never heard of 'Article Document' either, so now I'm curious about that one, too! In essence, I just stay clear of the ones that expect too much for next to no pay. I guess that I would rather be a poor, struggling writer hoping to make my mark someday than to just practically give my writing away!
With Article Document, the jury is still out with me. I have been there for about two weeks, but only have wrote one blog assignment. These blogs are their own self generated blogs. You can have your name on the article and you get paid by the views get. I've only had three views in a week, but made 14 cents off that. The blogs are nice, and they rate the work you submit. You have to do at least five blog assignments and get a certain rating to be eligible for their journalist assignments, which are paid up-front per word rate.
It's a different sort of place, the part I don't like is the delay in payment. You get paid for the month before at the end of the next month. So you would get paid late Feb for your January money. Yet, from what I've heard it's legit. I haven't heard that much though. I may write a few more and see if I can do anything with it.

I am one of those book cover, article and blog writers, and marketing people on Fiverr. I don't do anything different. I put my best into advertising regardless of who I am trying to target. If I should gain Fiverr users business then great. I have always been a particular person so pictures and logos have to be flawless. Also the previous gigs that I have done for other people as examples of my work are chosen from the best of my work. Having quality samples for people to see is very key also.

I know that even when I was working as a published freelance writer I had trouble getting stuff on Constant Content... As for the topic on hand, I think it's a great idea. I also think it often gets neglected. Even someone who is a newbie could help others with Fiverr. It's simply a matter of making sure that your own profile is as good as possible first. People will recognize quality when they see it.