How to get new sales?

cloudi

Hi Everyone,

I have two gigs up on Fiverr. Both of the gigs are writing gigs and I have had a couple of sales on both of them. What I really want to know is how to get more sales. I know that I am able to promote the gigs on Fiverr, but is this really going to help me?

I have seen that there are a lot of people who get a lot of writing work from Fiverr. I would like to know what the best ways of getting further sales are. Should I promote the gig with Fiverr or do I need to look at other external promotion sources?

I feel the same way as cloudi, which is why I haven't advertised any gigs on fiverr yet. I'm wondering how that would work then Hank as far as promoting your gig by adding it to a forum signature. Would you mind explaining that in a little more detail? I'm still kind of a novice with some of these things. Thank you. :)

cloudi

One way to promote your gig is to add it to your signature on forums where people would be looking for writers.

Thanks for the information Hank, I was wondering if you would be able to offer some extra information. I understand the whole concept that you offer, but where do you actually find these forums?

Lokita

One thing that helped me get exposure is making a page on Squidoo. They have a huge social community and there are people there who have pages specifically about Fiverr. I do want to beware though that Squidoo can be quite picky with content though.

I think you can also try and contact your previous buyers. They can be having some work available but just forgot about you. You can also tell them to refer their friends to buy your gigs. I hope this helps.

One thing that helped me get exposure is making a page on Squidoo. They have a huge social community and there are people there who have pages specifically about Fiverr. I do want to beware though that Squidoo can be quite picky with content though.
Squidoo also ranks well on Google, so if you were to go after some low competition keywords you could end up on the first page of Google.

I have my Website listed on Squidoo now so I want to see if it helps at all. I didn't realize that Squidoo ranks good on Google so that's good information to know. Thank you, Hank. :)

Brad

I think promotion is the best way of getting sales. Just go around Fiverr forums promoting your gig on each and I bet you will get more sales.

This is a great list. I have never heard of such a list before. I am sure that as an affiliate marketer that this list will help me a lot. I have never really tried that hard to promote my Fiverr gigs but I have had a lot of success on there. In fact I got so much business writing that I removed one of my gigs. Right now I am in the process of creating new gigs and updating old ones, so maybe then I will add them to my social media networks.