How Much Can You Really Make?

Farrah

Just wondering realistically how much you can really make per week or day on Fiverr. Rough estimates on how much time you put in and an average of what you are earning....

I have not really exploited Fiverr much. However, I have some friends on the site who are making a killing. They write articles for five bucks, but they outsource the article for 2 bucks per article. So they get them right away and clear 3 bucks per transaction with high ratings.

I have heard of people who use Fiverr for the services that they provide to other marketers. I can see that can be a good resource, I just don't understand why it takes 14 days to receive your money after you have provided the service.

Fiverr Guy

Administrator
Staff member
I have heard of people who use Fiverr for the services that they provide to other marketers. I can see that can be a good resource, I just don't understand why it takes 14 days to receive your money after you have provided the service.
I think they do it in case a buyer has an issue with a gig that was purchased, then fiverr can get the money back and place it in the buyers account.

Just wondering realistically how much you can really make per week or day on Fiverr. Rough estimates on how much time you put in and an average of what you are earning....
If I would put a lot of effort into Fiverr, I think I could make like 20$/week or so ,roughly 4 sales per week :)

I have not really exploited Fiverr much. However, I have some friends on the site who are making a killing. They write articles for five bucks, but they outsource the article for 2 bucks per article. So they get them right away and clear 3 bucks per transaction with high ratings.
That's a great idea actually. The 3 bucks profit basically just pays them for their time to make the connection between buyer and writer, and turns out quite nicely per transaction. Maybe I should be doing that...

That's a great idea actually. The 3 bucks profit basically just pays them for their time to make the connection between buyer and writer, and turns out quite nicely per transaction. Maybe I should be doing that...
No, you shouldn't be doing that. What you should do is wait for me to get the gigs for 5usd each, then pass them to you to do it for 2usd each. Deal?

Just kidding. Actually I have seen a lot of people on oDesk, for example, who are paying 1usd per 500-word article and I can see lots of people bidding for such jobs. Now how much capital do I need to set up such a scheme?

If I would put a lot of effort into Fiverr, I think I could make like 20$/week or so ,roughly 4 sales per week :)
I think the sky is the limit. I mean just by browsing some of the gigs you can see that some of them have hundreds in the queue, and that's just for that one gig, I'm sure they have others. The hardest part of Fiverr is fighting though the competition of the other sellers, but once you have some positive reviews your business should increase from week to week.

I think they do it in case a buyer has an issue with a gig that was purchased, then fiverr can get the money back and place it in the buyers account.

Wow. I don't imagine the quality being very good. You can do this with any type of gig, and of course you can also sell Fiverr gigs to other people at a higher price.

I've read and researched a lot of testimonials of people making very good money on fiverr. One lady was making more than $400 per month. That would be a good piece of extra change for me. I have been brainstorming to come up with a few gigs to offer.

I've read and researched a lot of testimonials of people making very good money on fiverr. One lady was making more than $400 per month. That would be a good piece of extra change for me. I have been brainstorming to come up with a few gigs to offer.
I don't know if they still do it, but Fiverr has a segment where they spotlight the most successful sellers recently and some of those guys are making a full-time income from Fiverr.

I mean take this guy for example. This is one of the gigs offered from Crorkservice. I think it started out as a guy and then he assembled his own team because he was so successful. This is one of thirty gigs that he offers (is that new?). He has 376 orders in the queue from this gig alone, that doesn't include the other 29 gigs that he has opened:

Like anything else it would take a lot of time and effort to build up a good reputation and customer base but if you work hard enough I think Fiverr could be extremely profitable.

I joined Fiverr a couple of years ago and opened up a few gigs and was surprised to actually receive a few buyers. I've since become inactive but I do think Fiverr is a great place to start earning money online.

Like the above posters mentioned, the possibilities are endless. You just have to put the work in, be creative and treat your customers well.

sounds like they may go to other writer sites to get writers.

Fiverr Guy

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't sold one thing on Fiverr. I don't know why people don't accept my gigs.
We want to change this type of attitude. Don't just accept the fact that you haven't sold something yet, let's take some steps to make it happen!

(I know I sound like a bootcamp coach, but the sentiment is the same :) )

Why don't you post your gig here, in the Seller promoted gigs section, so we can take a look at it and maybe help you out? How long have you been selling?