How Many Words Would You Expect?

How many words would you expect for your articles to be for $5 on Fiverr?

I command pretty high pay rates on the site that I normally write for, so I probably wouldn't offer more than 100 or 150 words for that price.

How many do you expect?

I had actually put 350-500 words for a first article, but I think a lot of it depends on how quickly you can complete an article and whether you need to do any type of research.

I think most people would expect 400 to 500 words. I ssume that when most people look for content they aren't necesarilly expecting high-quality writing, they just want okay writing, but enough to please Google. Since most people who want articles are SEOers they will probaby rather an article of 400 to 500 words.

Sorry, Fiverr Guy!

Thanks for your input, guys. I suppose you're right. I just can't imagine writing for a penny a word anymore. I did it for a long time, and it takes a lot more work to make a living that way.

I do freelance stuff as well. I would have a lot of trouble with that low of a price.
I've worked a long time on my writing. So I would feel cheated or like I had downgraded somehow.
I can see if you need the gigs, though, just going for it. Really depends on the situation I think.

I know what you mean LindaKay but Fiverr buyers aren't looking for the cream de la cream, so to speak. That's why they're demanding 500 words and receiving it. I'm always happy to hear that writers are able to command such high rates for their writing but I don't think you'll be able to do that here, sorry.

How many words would you expect for your articles to be for $5 on Fiverr?

I command pretty high pay rates on the site that I normally write for, so I probably wouldn't offer more than 100 or 150 words for that price.

How many do you expect?

It would so difficult for you to get buyers for that gig, if you leave the words at $5. It's mostly internet marketers that used such sites to order content and it would be worth it, as they are looking for more content at a cheaper rate. Bigger companies and clients mostly order their articles from pronounced sites such as textbroker and constant-content.

It would so difficult for you to get buyers for that gig, if you leave the words at $5. It's mostly internet marketers that used such sites to order content and it would be worth it, as they are looking for more content at a cheaper rate. Bigger companies and clients mostly order their articles from pronounced sites such as textbroker and constant-content.
This is my thoughts exactly. It's why I don't think that you could offer 200 words (or something similar) and expect to command $5 there. However, I also don't think that you should be writing more than 500 words for them.

I usually end up putting down 350 words for my articles that I am paid 5 dollars for if they are very easy. I know this sounds bad, but if they have a lot of research, which I put in the selling strategy of more than five websites I have to visit for the information I give them only 250 words for the article.

I don't think that sounds bad at all, Isabellas. Research is time spent, so it should be factored into the price. I definitely charge more for content that takes more research. Since you can't increase the price, you can at least cut down on the word count.

Isabellas, I think that's a good rate. I think you really have to specify what you're willing to do in order to make sure that you don't get taken advantage of. As LindaKay said, you can't increase your price, you can only decrease what you give.

Normally I will charge $5 per 400 words. I think that way I can charge $1 per 100 words which is not a bad rate considering it is better than working for a content mill.

This is my thoughts exactly. It's why I don't think that you could offer 200 words (or something similar) and expect to command $5 there. However, I also don't think that you should be writing more than 500 words for them.
And to add to that which I have said, Google rarely acknowledges 200 and 250 words articles, if they are not review, they seem to have it right there as such size of article rarely has enough and factual information for the reader. So count the internet marketers and even big companies out, no one would pay $5 for such article, except there are a preview site, that need such content for their backlinking.