Anyone here working towards making fiverr full-time job?

I'm just curious if it can be done. I've been thinking lately what it would be like, and considering if I could possibly do it.
I've recently started making more than before on it, but I'm wondering if I can make it a full time thing or not. Unlike how it would be if I was in the US for example, I think I would be doing very decently on about 700$ a month. If I'm making twice that, I'd have luxuries like traveling more often and having decent savings etc.
So it's not the biggest goal ever...but it does seem that if I want to do anything close to this I will need a strategy...what do you guys think? Have you tried anything like that? Or is anyone already doing that?

I think that it really depends on the type of gig that you're advertising on fiverr and if you're getting more work now then I would say that's a good sign. I can't believe anyone could live comfortably on $700 a month so good for you where ever it is that you're located! With the cost of living in the U.S. you'd have a pretty hard time getting by on $700 a month. You might be able to live somewhat comfortably in some states in America on about 3 times that amount of money!

Fiverr Guy

Administrator
Staff member
One of our members - Lokita - said she was making around $350 a week on fiverr, and is a top-rated seller. Check out the thread here: How Much Can You Really Make.

I love seeing real-life examples like this, because it is a testament to what you can do if you take the time and put your mind to something. Congrats Lokita! :)

I think that it really depends on the type of gig that you're advertising on fiverr and if you're getting more work now then I would say that's a good sign. I can't believe anyone could live comfortably on $700 a month so good for you where ever it is that you're located! With the cost of living in the U.S. you'd have a pretty hard time getting by on $700 a month. You might be able to live somewhat comfortably in some states in America on about 3 times that amount of money!
It is a good sign:). I've decided to take it easy and go slow- my goal is to get to making 700-1000$ from fiverr monthly by the end of this year, by increasing a bit what I make each month.
I have been in the US for 2 summers to work and save some money aside to pay for my education, so I know how much more life there is...But trust me, it's not such a joy here either. We are also paid a lot less. For example, the minimum wage is 250$ monthly (by law) and on a good job you get more of course but...let's say the payment per month fits the expenses per month. If you have a good job you can be lucky enough to have something left for travel, and some bigger things, and live comfortably...but you will never get anything close to the American salaries either...and jobs aren't stable here as well, my parents are lucky if they get paid on time at all, and they can't quit because finding new job at their age will be very hard...
Which is why I like online work so much:).

I think a better way to look at Fiverr earnings is to use it as money that you can invest in other areas. Or you could use it to hire a staff so that you can offer bigger and better gigs.

It all depends on how much you are offering per gig. If a gig can fetch you $50 per day, then I think it can turn into a full time job. But remember jobs tend to fluctuate sometimes you might have more gigs and sometimes no gig. So it will depend on how much you can cash in per month in overall.

It is a good sign:). I've decided to take it easy and go slow- my goal is to get to making 700-1000$ from fiverr monthly by the end of this year, by increasing a bit what I make each month.
I have been in the US for 2 summers to work and save some money aside to pay for my education, so I know how much more life there is...But trust me, it's not such a joy here either. We are also paid a lot less. For example, the minimum wage is 250$ monthly (by law) and on a good job you get more of course but...let's say the payment per month fits the expenses per month. If you have a good job you can be lucky enough to have something left for travel, and some bigger things, and live comfortably...but you will never get anything close to the American salaries either...and jobs aren't stable here as well, my parents are lucky if they get paid on time at all, and they can't quit because finding new job at their age will be very hard...
Which is why I like online work so much:).
It's good you have a desire to excel on fiverr and also to support your family. I know the income rate in some countries in Asia are so low, as an high school kid book cost in the US. You are very motivated, I'll urge you to keep that up.

Though, you might want to take my advice so keenly, try to up-scale your gigs, use some promotional tactics and apply some strategy. When you start noticing the influx of orders, you would want to really outsource or create a team of workers with your own terms. Don't be lazy to do most of the work, just so your buyers wouldn't notice the change in hands of the service.

If you apply this, I think you are sure going to make a living off fiverr. Good luck to you in wanting to make fiverr a full time job.

For example, the minimum wage is 250$ monthly (by law) and on a good job you get more of course but...
Maybe if you're only getting 10hrs / week, but I would hope minimum wage would give someone more than $250 every month. I think the most difficult part of going full-time on fiverr or any freelancing would be virtually no benefits of any kind. Health insurance is probably easier to obtain now with the new laws, but pretty much any benefits you would typically get from your employer would come completely out of pocket without any subsidies. I think it's excellent secondary income though, and if you're able to use your spouse's benefits then it's a home run.

I think a better way to look at Fiverr earnings is to use it as money that you can invest in other areas. Or you could use it to hire a staff so that you can offer bigger and better gigs.
So many people would ignore your advice Hank, but it's really the way to go. Some sites are not for long term earnings for individuals except for a set of people who work as a team or for anyone who has and outsourcing firm. I'm hoping to use it to raise money for my other money making ideas.

I'm not working towards making fiverr my sole job, but I'm using it to try and see how good my writing skills are. Writing for fiverr is easy and if it works I'll go on to writing for content mills

So many people would ignore your advice Hank, but it's really the way to go. Some sites are not for long term earnings for individuals except for a set of people who work as a team or for anyone who has and outsourcing firm. I'm hoping to use it to raise money for my other money making ideas.
Exactly. When I first started online I realized that I could make some money by writing articles for people. Most of the jobs out there paid horribly, and I became bunt out really quick.

I'm not working towards making fiverr my sole job, but I'm using it to try and see how good my writing skills are. Writing for fiverr is easy and if it works I'll go on to writing for content mills
Content mills pay far less than Fiverr, because at fiverr you end up getting $4 for each article your write that accepted and paid for. In content mills, I'm used to seeing $2.50 to $3 for a 500 words articles which is somewhat meaningless.

Except, you are going to incorporate them along with fiverr. I mean, you would continue to write for fiverr and take up work at content mills too at the same time. It all depends on your writing abilities, it's achievable. You can try iWriter and Textbroker, and aim to increase your ratings at those sites by producing well written articles. If you can do that then you would definitely earn better than what you get with fiverr.

Exactly. When I first started online I realized that I could make some money by writing articles for people. Most of the jobs out there paid horribly, and I became bunt out really quick.
Yes, it sure going to be like that if you don't know where to get started. For me, I work on Mylot for SharonBucks, when she used to be there and when Mylot used to pay. It was so quick how I got to over $40 in just weeks. And then, she disappeared I guess I didn't start writing earlier enough or I didn't discover Mylot on time.

I'm trying to get back to my writing, but I can see that been reasonable enough if I have to start up and compete with other writers on fiverr. I don't really like fiverr but from what people are saying here, I just might give it a trial. I'll be looking to start up on other freelance bidding sites, it would be better for me there as I can used my writing porfolio to win gigs. In the long run, it's just to make money for other money making models I'm about to kick start fully.

I would like to ask here if there are people who are getting more work than they can handle, I'll like to help them write. In other words, I'm saying starting up a joint venture or a small task writing group wouldn't be a bad idea, as they are many of us who can write but are struggling to get work.

I'm also considering Texbroker, but I can not register there, since it's now solely for U.S citizens, I'm not one but I reside in the U.S and until my status change which wouldn't be far-fetched. I'll be willing to do a joint venture with anybody who have an account or can provide an account with Textbroker.

IWriter is full of internet marketers such as myself and they would find joy in declining you written work for them, while they have it taken and hire someone to rewrite it. It's really a dog pound in there, and the management seems to not care.

The owner Brad Callen, is a top notch internet marketer, well recognised and I feel the sole purpose he created iWriter was to help internet marketers get article written because they would have really no time to write themselves. But, this good idea has gone bad, as internet marketers are always looking for ways to make money or save money with little effort spent, so it would be really good if that can change. I have an accont there, with 10 articles written 5 were accepted and 5 were rejected, I don't see that happening if I write somehwere else because the articles were well researched and well written.

Maybe if you're only getting 10hrs / week, but I would hope minimum wage would give someone more than $250 every month. I think the most difficult part of going full-time on fiverr or any freelancing would be virtually no benefits of any kind. Health insurance is probably easier to obtain now with the new laws, but pretty much any benefits you would typically get from your employer would come completely out of pocket without any subsidies. I think it's excellent secondary income though, and if you're able to use your spouse's benefits then it's a home run.
@Deadline, it really isn't about the amount of hours you work, the system is quite different from that of the U.S. It's your monthly wages, with a 8 to 4 routine. I can tell you this categorically because I came to the U.S sometime ago, and was earning a little above $250. Halfway across the world, the economy is quite different, you would have to labor hard enough or be lucky to be part of a family business to live a good life.

Here, I have found out that utilities and other bills make the most, down there you never have to pay for water except you pay someone who brings them to you. Better still, the level of technology have made people delve into applying the same modem the Government you is supplying water in there personal homes and never have to care about the government's water.

So there are a lot of disadvantages on both sides, people and business rely on power supply to function well and at their best, but it's nevr the case there. Power supply is terrible as the power supply government owned firms decide when you would get your power and at what time and duration. So, without power you would expect the price of items to go up, here some are cheap, infact most are.

No wonder, internet marketing is a constant way to earn money here, where I stay in Michigan, my landlord never remove his laptop from the socket, to make it worse, I have never seen the laptop get shut down. It's always a struggle there to use all your tools even if they can make you millions. I guess, this should sum it up.

I definitely make a lot more writing for other content mills versus Fiverr. But, I definitely think it is possible to make a living there; it just isn't for me!

Where I am you will get health benefits for insurance, but if you even get the health benefits and all your salary on time, you are a lucky person and you have a good job. Other benefits...okay, I guess one of the things for which I'll have to think soon if I keep freelancing is setting money aside for pension savings...but other than that, you wouldn't get much more on regular job so that doesn't bother me.

I have a family, so this isn't really an option for me I don't think.
As someone mentioned before, it really depends all on your niche and what kind of job you're doing.
If I could earn enough money to do it full time, I absolutely would though. It would need to be something where I was getting a hire once an hour at the very least.

I would like to ask here if there are people who are getting more work than they can handle, I'll like to help them write. In other words, I'm saying starting up a joint venture or a small task writing group wouldn't be a bad idea, as they are many of us who can write but are struggling to get work.

I'm also considering Texbroker, but I can not register there, since it's now solely for U.S citizens, I'm not one but I reside in the U.S and until my status change which wouldn't be far-fetched. I'll be willing to do a joint venture with anybody who have an account or can provide an account with Textbroker.

IWriter is full of internet marketers such as myself and they would find joy in declining you written work for them, while they have it taken and hire someone to rewrite it. It's really a dog pound in there, and the management seems to not care.

The owner Brad Callen, is a top notch internet marketer, well recognised and I feel the sole purpose he created iWriter was to help internet marketers get article written because they would have really no time to write themselves. But, this good idea has gone bad, as internet marketers are always looking for ways to make money or save money with little effort spent, so it would be really good if that can change. I have an accont there, with 10 articles written 5 were accepted and 5 were rejected, I don't see that happening if I write somehwere else because the articles were well researched and well written.
I've heard a lot of bad things about IWriter, mostly about buyers scamming the writers by rejecting the content and then using it anyways.

I also think that Fiverr shouldn't be the sole site you depend upon for making a living. I honestly think that you need to have a number of websites that you work with. This way when 1 isn't pulling in the money you have another 1 to turn to.